Today I had to stop at a Timmies - kids were hungry and time was short.
It never ceases to amaze me the sheer volume that a Timmies handles, average spend well under $5 but queues out the door and this one was no exception - it was 12.30 after all.
So in the middle of the lunch time rush this is how Tim Hortons services its customer:
- Two people on the tills taking orders
- Two people manning the drive thorugh
So far so good.......BUT......
- Only one person prepping all the food orders - WHAT??? - major back log.
- Counted at least 5 people in the back not including cooks/chefs - no-one rushing to help
Then suddenly.....one person comes out. We are saved! ............NOT!
- The person goes to the coffee tin display stand, which is conveniently placed near the door and where the queue is winding around and starts to clean the tins and shelves, completely oblivious to the growing line up - AAARGGGH!
Now where is the nearest Starbucks!