The challenge with a lot of goal setting is that we tend to do it in isolation, versus building on where we are coming from. So before you sit down to set those goals for 2012, take a few minutes to 'ground' yourself by reflecting on 2011;
Completing & Remembering 2011
- What was your biggest triumph in 2011?
- What was the smartest decision you made in 2011?
- What one word best sums up and describes your 2011 experience?
- What was the greatest lesson you learned in 2011?
- What was the most loving service you performed in 2011?
- What was the biggest piece of unfinished business in 2011?
- What are you most happy about completing in 2011?
- Who were the three people that had the greatest impact on your life?
- What was the biggest risk you took in 2011?
- What was the biggest surprise in 2011?
- What important relationship improved the most in 2011?
- What compliment would you like to have received in 2011?
- What compliment would you like to have given in 2011?
- What else do you need to do or say to be complete with 2011?
- One thing you never got around to and wished you had?
Now go forward and start to plan that fantastic 2012 you are going to have.