You might only just be thinking about the holiday season, or be one of those more organised souls ahead of the game and looking forward to the festive season.
But take a moment to look ahead just a little further to January - by looking backwards.
December is a great month to review your year and make plans for the new one. A time to really understand how your year transpired and what were the events, people and actions that made it the year it was.
When did you perform exceptionally, feel energised and sound excited?
- What projects or clients did you particularly enjoy spending time with?
- What was it about those projects or clients that made the work enjoyable?
- How can you add more of that in to 2010 for yourself?
Equally take some time to reflect on what did not go so well this year. When did you perform dismally, feel drained and sound despondent?
- Who were the phone calls from that made your heart sink when you saw them on call display?
- What was the work that you did that only took an hour but felt like a day?
- What can you do to ensure you have less of that in your life in 2010?
So amid all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, make sure you book an appointment with yourself to do some reflecting, reviewing and refining. By the time January comes around you will not be setting the plans for 2010 - you will already be on your way doing what you want to do.