Knowing how others perceive you can be one of the most important pieces of information that you can gather about your personal brand.
Getting feedback from others is something you MUST do on a regular basis, because it helps;
- You understand if what they say is how you want to be known.
- Identify areas that you might want to work on to raise your profile.
- Show others that you are looking to improve yourself personally and professionally.
- Build stronger relationships with the people that matter to you.
- To gather customer, client or employee insights.
- Form a basis for deeper research or work.
The challenge is how to do this effectively and to get feedback that is meaningful. If asked directly often people are reluctant to tell the truth for fear of upsetting you or damaging the relationship. One challenge is gathering the information in the first place. People are busy. But if you do get it, how useful is this information?
A feedback tool I use with all my clients is an online personal brand assessment. It can be used by employees, leaders, business owners – anyone that wants to gather feedback on their personal brands and how they are viewed by others.
It’s been used by over 1 million people, including employees inside 20% of the Fortune 100 companies.
This assessment has three key benefits;
- Online – All you need is a person’s email address to send it to them.
- Quick – Just 7 questions and takes people less than 10 minutes to complete.
- Anonymous – People can be honest with their responses.
After a couple of weeks you get a full 30+ page report and lots of valuable feedback and information that you can use with developing your personal brand.
A GIFT FOR YOU.
Each year I buy a bulk block of these assessments and use them with clients throughout the year. I was planning to run a workshop for a corporate client this month that has been postponed until the new year which means I have 10 spare assessments that have to be used up by this Sunday 14th December.
At this time of year in lieu of gifts and cards for business I always make a donation to Kiva a micro-lending program for entrepreneurs around the world.
But as an extra gift this year for the first ten people that respond, you can try the full assessment for yourself at no cost. You will have 45 days to complete it from the 14th.
Please do not grab this just because its a gift. Make sure you have the time. But more importantly I want you to really use this assessment to take major steps forward with your personal brand in 2015. If you feel you may not use it don’t respond, let someone else get the benefit.
If you do want to know how others perceive your personal brand just do the following;
- E-mail businessmanager (at) paulcopcutt.com and put ‘Personal Brand Assessment’ in the subject line.
- Tell us the email address that you want to use (we will send you instructions and the login and password).
- Enjoy the process!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and wishing you all a brandtastic 2015!!
P.S. – The Getting Your Year in Gear program and videos of complimentary training to help you start 2015 and make it your best year ever will be coming out in early January. You can gain priority notice of when these videos are released, just sign up by CLICKING HERE