I am sorry to break this to you, but no-one is waiting by their computer or phone to see what you just did on LinkedIn or recent profile edits.
There, I told you.
Fact is we are all busy, we all have multiple notifications from numerous platforms and software and we are overwhelmed.
Chances are you are not surprised, shocked or maybe not even upset. After all it has been a few years since LinkedIn turned off the posting notifications and, although they made some switches back, we rarely see any now.
But you might be shocked by some of your LinkedIn profile changes that your network is no longer notified about.
There are now only 3 that they are notified about.
And 16 that no longer make it on their radar. 16 !!!!
Here they are below and also how to check and adjust your settings so that your profile changes are broadcast.
The 3 that ???????? get broadcast;
- Add a new or current position
- Edit a current position
- Celebrate a work anniversary
The 16 that DO NOT get broadcast;
- Profile photo
- Contact info
- Past positions
- Volunteer experience
- Test scores
Here is how to adjust your settings;
To adjust notifications sent to your network about profile changes:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select Settings & Privacy from the drop-down.
- Click the Privacy tab at the top of the page.
- Under the How others see your LinkedIn activity section, click5
- Change next to Sharing profile edits.
- Switch the toggle to Yes or No.
Your changes will be saved automatically.