Three things happened over the last week to 10 days that really underlined for me the importance of understanding what makes you tick, what your personal brand foundation is all about.
1. The dramatic events involving Canadian soldiers on home soil. Two people sadly killed going about their duties and lives, not expecting that day would be their last. I was able to witness first hand the funeral procession for Cpl Nathan Cirillo in Hamilton as they marched right past where I live.
2. My kids were back for half term from living in Bermuda and I was grateful and thankful to have such a great week with them.
3. I completed my 2nd half-marathon this past weekend in the Road 2 Hope event. Sadly a runner just a few minutes ahead of me collapsed right at the finish line and despite all efforts passed away, which made the euphoria of the achievement tempered.
The bottom line is we really do not know how long we have and we often spend way too much time worrying about the trivial, mundane or pointless versus the things that energize, inspire and drive us.
This was driven home even more by a post shared by a connection of mine of Facebook called the Magic Bank Account.
THE MAGIC BANK ACCOUNT
THE AUTHOR IS NOT KNOWN. IT WAS FOUND IN THE BILLFOLD
OF COACH PAUL BEAR BRYANT, ALABAMA, AFTER HE DIED IN 1982
The Magic Bank Account
Imagine that you had won the following *PRIZE* in a contest:
Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use.
However, this prize has rules:
The set of rules:
1. Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you.
2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account.
3. You may only spend it.
4. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another, $86,400 for that day.
5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say, “Game Over!". It can close the account and you will not receive a new one.
What would you personally do?
You would buy anything and everything you wanted right? Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don't know, because you
couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself, right?
You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning, right?
ACTUALLY, This GAME is REAL ...
Shocked ??? YES!
Each of us is already a winner of this
*PRIZE*. We just can't seem to see it.
The PRIZE is *TIME*
1. Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.
2. And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is Not credited to us.
3. What we haven't used up that day is forever lost.
4. Yesterday is forever gone.
5. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time WITHOUT WARNING...
SO, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds?
Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars.
Think about it and remember to enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think.
So take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply and enjoy life!
Here's wishing you a wonderful, beautiful and brandtastic day. Start "spending"...
"DON’T COMPLAIN ABOUT GROWING OLD... !"
SOME PEOPLE DON'T GET THE PRIVILEGE!'
Time is our most precious commodity !
There is a bonus e-book on building some of the key pillars of your personal brand included in a new program that I have just launched that you can read more about here Personal Brand Masterplan
How do you plan to have a brandtastic day today? Tell me in the comments below how you plan to spend your 86.400.