There was some great brand re-enforcements and conversation starters that were evident to me at a recent meeting I attended in a mid-town winebar called Reds.
There was everything from coasters with great W.C. Fields quotes on, as well as written in lipstick on the bathroom mirrors. Matchboxes, notepads and even Red pencils with “Stolen from Reds Midtown” stamped on them.
But what really got us laughing and talking about them most were the pads of paper aimed at stimulating conversation around their push for Valentines day, which I am thinking they expected to be a busier night because of the day and it falls on a Friday this year.
On the pad was printed 7 one liners that may not be ones you want to use this evening;
- I love my bed but I’d rather be in yours.
- You must be yogurt because i want to spoon you.
- That outfit would look great in a crumpled heap next to my bed.
- My name is Skittles, want to taste my rainbow.
- What is a nice girl like you doing in a dirty mind like mine?
- I’m glad I’m not drunk, because I always want to remember this moment.
- I’m like chocolate, I look like crap but I’m sweet as can be.
I even took copies and handed them out at a social event I went to on Friday night, it generated a lot of conversation and laughs!
What are you doing this Valentines day?